src='

Friday, February 17, 2017

Tales About Motherhood

It’s been almost 5 years since she came into my life, rocked my world, turned everything upside down, changed who I am, taught me about love, patience and perseverance. No one can explain what Mommy super human strength is and worrying about someone else every day and then people will say “oh has it been 5 years already?”

To me it feels like 5 years. Motherhood is an uphill battle, a marathon not a race, constant learning & growing from both of us and a lesson about letting go. When they are really little it can be tougher, but once you are through babyhood and then mommy fog brain you realize you are raising someone who gives back, has opinions, loves you a lot and only wants you when she’s sick.

Even though we have a difficult job, Mommy’s can be tough on each other. We all need support to raise little people and to be able to say I had a rough day. Remember tomorrow will always be better….better is not perfect. And you never know what that Mommy had to go through to get out the door or what smells are in her car or the tantrum that happened 5 minutes before you saw her.

So why are we striving for perfection? I don’t want her to have a perfect mother. I hope she knows she has a mother that gets up every day to help shape her. To show her how amazing this world is and to appreciate everything she has. A beautiful childhood, but also a real childhood so when she is faced with realness in her life she can be more prepared and less shocked.

Motherhood to me equals patience and imagining each day as a building block. And remembering that the memories my little one might have of these years is hopefully laughter and love. And if everything else fails we can still dance and sing in our pajamas while cooking.

Tell me did your vision of parenthood change after you held them? Why are Mamma’s so tough on each other?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...